The Construction Physics Area verifies the behaviour of the physical-mechanical design solutions and is equipped to carry out tests aimed at obtaining the CE marking and testing aimed at the characterization of products or components that are not subject to CE marking
The Laboratory has two semi-reverberant acoustic chambers for measuring sound absorption and sound insulation of products related to the construction and non-construction industry.
- Determination in the laboratory of the acoustic insulation of building elements.
- Determination in the laboratory of the acoustic insulation of small building elements.
- Determination of sound absorption coefficient and / or of the equivalent absorption in reverberation room.
- Measurement of noise attenuation by footfall for under floor systems, according to UNI EN ISO 10140-3 (screed in situ).
- Measurement of dynamic stiffness according to UNI EN 29052-1
- Measurement of sound power level in reverberating chamber.
- Characterization of noise barriers, according to UNI EN 1793/4, specifications FFSS and Società Autostrade.
- Laboratory measurement of the reduction of transmitted impact noise by floor coverings on a normalized lightweight floor according to UNI EN ISO 10140-3.
- Laboratory measurement of impact sound insulation of floors according to standard UNI EN ISO 10140-3.
- Laboratory measurement of sound insulation of floors and / or ceilings placed horizontally according to standard UNI EN ISO 10140-2.
- Measure sound power generated and transmitted by air duct elements according to standard UNI EN ISO 5135.
- Test on burglar-proof doors , windows and shutters according to standard UNI EN 1627, 1628,1629,1630;
- Cylinders for locks according to EN 1303:2005 and padlocks according to EN 12320:2012 ;
- Handles and knobs according to EN 1906:2012
CSI operates as a Notified Body for the CE marking of products falling within the scope of European Directives and under Regulation (EU) No 305/2011, better known as the Construction Products Regulation (CPR, specialism Product Regulation) .
Fire Prevention Products
- Natural smoke and heat evacuators (UNI EN 12101-2: 2004)
- Fire dampers (UNI EN 15650: 2010)
- Fire hydrants above ground column construction (UNI EN 14384:2006)
- Underground Fire hydrants (UNI EN 14339:2006)
- Fixed fire fighting systems - systems equipped with piping: fire hose reel with semi-rigid hose (UNI EN 671-1:2012)
- Fixed fire-extinguishing systems - systems equipped with pipes: wall mounted fire hydrants flexible pipes (UNI EN 671-1:2012)
- Portable Fire Extinguishers ( UNI EN 3-7:2004 DM 07/01/20015 e UNI EN 3-7:2008) ( NO CPR)
- Trolley Fire Extinguishers ( UNI 9492 DM 06/03/1992) ( NO CPR)
- Trolley Fire Extinguishers ( UNI EN 1866-1:2008) (NO CPR)
- Bench tests to measure the discharge coefficient of ENFC in the absence and presence of wind
- Bench testing for the mechanical tests to be performed on ENFC
- Hydraulic bench tests for hydrant and for systems equipped with pipes.
- Test Bench for mechanical and hydraulic fire extinguishers according to the respective product standards.
Accessories for prefabricated covers
- Monolithic Domes of plastic material ( EN 1873:2014)
- Continuous skylights of plastic material with or without bases ( UNI EN 14963:2007)
- Bench testing for the mechanical tests to be performed on Domes and Skylights
Doors, windows and accessories
- Windows and external pedestrian doors without characteristics of resistance to fire and/or smoke sealing). ( UNI EN 14351-1:2010)
- Single-axis hinges (UNI EN 1935: 2004)
- Emergency exit devices operated by a lever handle or push pad for use on escape routes (UNI EN 179: 2008)
- Ant panic exit devices operated by a horizontal bar for use on escape routes (UNI EN 1125: 2008)
- Locks and latches - Mechanically operated locks, latches and locking plates (UNI EN 12209: 2005)
- Locks and latches - electromechanically operated locks and locking plates (UNI EN 14846: 2008)
- Controlled door closure devices ( UNI EN 1154:2003)
- Electromagnetic doorstop devices for revolving doors ( UNI EN 1155:2003)
- Devices for the coordination of the closing sequence of doors ( UNI EN 1158:2003)
- Test for permeability to air, water and resistance to wind load on doors, facades and covers with dimensions of 3m x 3m;
- Test bench for durability tests and impact to roofing covers or modules;
- Tensile and compression machine with speed control of the of application of the load or deformation with maximum load 50 KN;
- Test benches for cyclic tests on locks, handles, panic bars, hinges, closers, powered doorstops and regulated door closures;
- Gun compressed air to test false ceilings, roofs and protection screens.
- Software for the calculation of the thermal transmittance of windows EN 10077-1 e EN 10077-2
- Semi-reverberating room to measure acoustic insulation in accordance with EN ISO 10140-1, ISO 10140-2 e EN ISO 717-1
- Ceilings (UNI EN 13964: 2004)
- Monolithic insulated panels (UNI EN 14509: 2013)
- Traction and compression machine with speed control of the of application of the load, or, of the deformation, with maximum load 50 KN;
- Compressed air gun to test false ceilings, roofs and protection screens.
Thermal insulation products
Within the Construction Physics Area the measurement of thermal resistance [m2 K / W] of materials destined for thermal insulation in construction and industrial applications is carried out. Among these products are:
- Mineral wool products –factory made (UNI EN 13162:2015)
- Expanded polystyrene products – factory made ( UNI EN 13163: 2015)
- Products made of extruded polystyrene (XPS) factory made (UNI EN 13164: 2015)
- Products of rigid polyurethane foam (PUR) factory made (UNI EN 13165: 2015)
- Products of expanded phenolic resins (PF) factory made (UNI EN 13166: 2015)
- Products of cellular glass (CG) factory made (UNI EN 13167:2015)
- Products of wood and wool (WW) factory made ( UNI EN 13168: 2015)
- Products of expanded perlite (EPS) factory made (UNI EN 13169: 2015)
- Products of expanded cork - factory made (UNI EN 13170:2015)
- Products of wood fibres (WF) factory made (UNI EN 13171:2015)
- Measure the thermal conductivity and thermal resistance with the hot plate with guard ring method in accordance with UNI EN 12664, UNI EN 12667, UNI EN 12939, ASTM C177,
- Measurement of thermal conductivity and thermal resistance to heat flow meter methods according to standard UNI EN 12664, UNI EN 12667, UNI EN 12939
- Measurement of the thermal conductivity with the radial method in accordance with the standard UNI EN ISO 8497 for plant insulating cupels and for industrial applications.